Monday, March 14, 2011

Home safe-and-sound

Hi all,

Wow!  What a week!   I got back home at around 4AM this morning (which isn't SO bad because it really only felt like 3AM Haiti time because they don't change their clocks   :)


Honestly, a good number of things to report and I'm going to have to pace myself.  Also, I've asked folks from the trip to provide some of their thoughts by email that I will send out to y'all.  I know Johnny and John were busy journaling all week and keeping notes, and Steve has tons of good photos that he'll be uploading to a blog he's developing.

While I'm right now considering how to prioritize all the things I want to report on, I think the most important has got to be the rich week I spent with these three guys.  There were many aspects about this trip that were difficult, and their flexibility and encouragement and feedback/suggestions will propel further trips to a whole new level.  

I've experienced a number of 'leapfrog' moments in this journey.   This has been one of them for me.  I think it is due to the combination of  wise guidance from their experiences in Pestel and a real sense that they were aiming for successful forward progress in Pestel.  I also know that their thoughts were intended to help protect me from overload & burnout.  

All these things are a great gift to me personally, and I have yet to tell you about the tremendous blessings they have brought to Pestel!

Those will be in future emails!
Ben

No comments: