Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A 2nd email from Pestel...

I know that this just doesn't seem that earthshaking to you, but it's a true highlight for me.  :)  

I finished up worker training today, a day ahead of schedule.  Overall that went quite well, and the next trip in June is going to be a big training trip.  

John Lane spent the day with Alix out on the island, and he just came back looking exhausted.  I think he is pleased with the day's work.  But he also mentioned how challenging the island is in particular.  He is going up to the mountains tomorrow....way up into Pestel....to test water.

Johnny Zook and Steve Miller have been hanging out with Sister Fidelis and Sister Jo.  They stayed overnight up at their house in Ferye last night, and hit the road this morning to do the CharRocket demonstrations.

I've inquired about housing in Pestel.  It really appears to be a difficult issue.   There is one hotel, but the owner is no longer in America. I'm going to try to get in touch with her to see if we can somehow rent it out periodically.   However, I also recognize that she left Pestel for political reasons.  And it's not clear what, if any, implications that would have....and whether it's something to be concerned about or not.  

I'm not eager to build something in Pestel (i.e. a guest house).   But I'm also not sure of other options.  

Persevere, I suppose, and wait.  There are plenty of things that should not be rushed, and I've learned that God's timing on these issues is far superior to my own inclinations.  

Ben

No comments: