Friday, May 14, 2010

Next weekend....

Hi all,

Next weekend Jen and I will be going to Hollywood where I will be doing a lunchtime presentation to Variety International about the work being done in Pestel.  In the evening of next Sunday I may have opportunity to talk briefly about the work at a black-tie event for the same organization.  

I'd like to think that I'm to the point where I'm always in a state of wonder but never surprised (Because, hey!  Why shouldn't it happen?!?).   But this black-tie event which will feature certain celebrities is a different twist.  

The inescapable truth is that God is being made known for His Goodness through my weakness.     
And that's my prayer.  I want others to see how Good and Great, how Mighty and Merciful/Compassionate He is.  

I'm also beginning to realize, if this is accurate, that God seems to have a sense of humor.   Perhaps I'm wrong about that one, but all this sure does tickle my funnybone.  And while God doesn't have a funnybone, He certainly does have all Joy.   And this might be one expression of joy.  


So this is yet one more area where I feel quite outside my comfort zone.   I feel over-stretched beyond my abilities.  This is in many ways, UNcomfortable.  Jen reminded me of a statement I made once to her when I told her that I will always take up the opportunity to talk on behalf of the people of Haiti.  
"Always" is a bit of an exaggeration.   She didn't buy that cop-out, though
:)

 
I've got a lot on my plate right now, preparing for a number of significant activities in a short period of time.   Thank you to all who pray for me, my family, the people of Haiti.  

No comments: