Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti updates

Hi all,

A few things to report:

First, please check out this report from Ohio:

It is a news report that remarkably includes Sisters Fidelis and Jo on the phone!!    It is well worth watching, and I am THRILLED they are safe.   It will also give you some insight into how folks in Pestel are feeling right now.

Second, I was asked by the Dean this morning to coordinate the medical center's response to the situation in Haiti.   That is a big task....but God has placed me here for this sort of thing.  I am very aware that God has provided me opportunity to be in this position, and that I must use my position wisely on behalf of Haitians.   Please pray for wisdom and insight.

Third, we have not yet heard from our friends in Port-au-Prince.   As you probably know, this gets harder and not easier....

No comments: