Saturday, January 14, 2023

Christmas Video 2022

 It has been years since I posted here, but I decided to revisit the blog because I find it to be a great place to post updates as they come in, and to keep a record so I can look back over it.  So onward!


On Christmas Day I received this lovely video from Nelson in Pestel.  This was one of the best Christmas presents I experienced because throughout 2022 I heard so often about the struggles with starvation throughout the region.  With global inflation and gang violence, costs in Pestel skyrocketed.  A gallon of fuel cost about $40USD, for example.  TVI sent additional funding to support work that Nelson wanted to do for the people around his village, and this video shows us a group of children receiving a Christmas meal.  Notice the tarps--these were sent out to Pestel soon after the terrible earthquake of 2021.  

The male voice you hear is Nelson!




No comments: