Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Resurrection Dance Theater

Thanks to all who came out to support the boys from St. Joseph's Home last evening in Lancaster, PA!   

For me one of the most powerful moments was the dance called "Freedom Regained" which visually represented Haiti's break from slavery and struggle for independence.  In the attached photo the performer is calling out to other slaves with the sounds of blowing into a conch shell (see link).   In rural Pestel they still sometimes use conch shells to call people together.     

It was really great to see some of the folks I know from the orphanages, including KC Bersch.  A couple of trips ago I had brought a small amount of money that Micah (my son) gave to me for the people of Haiti.  While visiting Wings of Hope I handed it to KC who started counting it, then did some quick calculations, and said that it was just the right amount to buy small cookies for all the kids at Wings of Hope.   That was a really nice kindness on her part and I was able to come back to tell my kids how the money was used.

Ben

--
President, Thriving Villages International

Thriving Villages website

Thriving Villages blog
http://thrivingvillages.blogspot.com/


No comments: