Monday, August 1, 2011

Pray for an orphanage in Haiti

Hi all,

In the past I have helped a couple of orphanages in PAP.  One of those orphanages is called Wings of Hope, and they provide care and love to about 30 or so handicapped and severely disabled kids.  Many have cerebral palsy and seizure disorders, and mental retardation.  A number of them are wheelchair bound, for example.   The orphanage is amazing.

Over the weekend, though, I received an email that 2 of their children had died.  Both inexplicably.  I knew both of them.   This morning I received another email, that I will share below.
I have emailed them back to see if there is anything I can do, and I will pass that along to you once I find out.  

Please pray for the community of Wings of Hope.   You may recall that they had to abandon their orphanage after the earthquake caused severe structural damage.  I blogged about this last year.  

--------------------- Email from Wings of Hope------------

Please keep the children of Wings of Hope, and their caregivers, in your prayers. Some others are now sick and we are doing everything we can for them physically and medically, but also know the value of surrounding them in prayer.


We do not know exactly what is causing this, but we are treating the symptoms with the best medical care we can. And surrounding them with prayer, tenderness and love.


This is a scary time for everyone — the children who are sick, the people who are caring for them, and the other children who wonder what is happening to their friends and who are frightened that they might be next.


Your support, friendship and love is what sustains us. Please stand with us now and surround everyone involved with your prayers.


------------------------------

Their website



Ben




--
Thriving Villages Blog
http://thrivingvillages.blogspot.com/


No comments: