Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Quite an honor...

Hi all,

The hospital has been without electricity all day, and they finally got it turned on about an hour ago.  So Dr. Seneque thoughtfully sent someone to pick me up and bring me (by motorcycle...fun!) to the hospital to check email.  

I was going through email and almost deleted this one because I thought it was some announcement....but it turns out that it is VERY good that I did not delete it.   

This, of course, comes as an incredible shock to me.  I am quite sure they picked wrongly, but I'll certainly take the opportunity!   This will fall about a month after the "White Coat Ceremony", held in August for the incoming 1st year medical students.  I have been asked to be the keynote speaker at that, which is another honor (and surprise).

So you can rejoice with me!!

Dear Dr. Fredrick,

 

During Alumni Weekend (September 16-17), we will be celebrating 40 years of medical school graduates from Penn State College of Medicine. As I am sure you know our first class graduated in 1971. There will be a celebration event on Friday, September 16 during Alumni Weekend and as part of that celebration we will be producing a publication to share with those in attendance. The publication will be entitled "Four Decades of Shaping the Future of Medicine".

 

Former deans as well as Dr. Cheston Berlin and Dr. Graham Jeffries will be featured in the booklet and we would like to feature you as one of the 40 individuals we have selected who have impacted and shaped the College of Medicine and the Future of Medicine. Your work has brought much pride to the College of Medicine. Would you be willing to be profiled in this publication?


  

--
Thriving Villages Blog
http://thrivingvillages.blogspot.com/


No comments: