Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gettysburg

I mentioned some bit ago that I "happened" upon several Haitian migrant worker camps in the Gettysburg area.  My brain started ticking away, and I came to the conclusion:  if I will go down to Haiti (and spend time and money) why wouldn't I spend a little bit of money/time to help these folks in Gettysburg?

I had run an idea via email past my Chair that goes something like this:
I want to bring several interested 1st year medical students down to Gettysburg with me over the students' first and second years to provide a service-learning opportunity for the students, provide some care for the workers, and give me a chance to practice Creole  :)

Yesterday I had a meeting with my Chair, and the short of it is that I may be receiving funds to start that process.

No kidding.  :)   I may be receiving (existing) grant funds to travel down to Gettysburg to work with this group of very underserved people...that means I can get paid to do it!   This is VERY good news and may be a great step toward helping me get paid to ultimately go to Haiti.   How very good is that?!

God is continuing to move puzzle pieces around.  It's quite an elaborate plan (and better than anything I could EVER have come up with)...and that seems just like Him

Ben

No comments: