Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thank God for the little things

It's easy to be over-awed by the BIG happenings and BIG good news items, but we mostly live in the day-to-day routine, right?

In doing this "Haiti work" I've come to appreciate seeing God's good hand working in the small things...especially when you realize how many things CAN go wrong.  If you've taken a trip to Haiti with me you have undoubtedly seen something not go right...and I mean, something that would be a nuisance here can be nearly a deal-breaker in Haiti.  

So here are some 'little thing' that just might matter:

1.  I just spoke with Anderson who was able to confirm that Dr. Seneque is coming out to Port-au-Prince on Thursday, arriving about the same time as I am.   He'll be leaving for Pestel on Sunday just as I'm leaving for the US.   The timing is good!   I was a bit concerned that Anderson might say that Dr. Seneque is not able to come out...because of the cholera situation in Pestel, for example.  I also did not know for sure if he would be arriving on Thursday or Friday...or Saturday?   So this is all good news.  Please pray for his safety and good travels for him.   (Been there done that)

2.  Since Dr. Seneque is coming out on Thursday he will be able to meet with the representatives from Heifer International on Friday morning, and also, I have now set up a meeting with Water Missions International for Friday afternoon!  Getting his input and his buy-in will be really important.  

3.  This morning Jen and I were packing for the trip.  We are bringing down this piece of equipment that Anderson purchased  [do not ask Jen about it!  Or you will see her go 0 to 60 in record time]  Anyway, we could not find the power cord ANYWHERE.  We spent way too much time looking for this cord  [do not ask Jen about that either!].  Finally, Jen had a very good idea that we should pray for God to help us find it.  Within 15 minutes we had located the cord.  AND our 5 year old daughter was in the room with us when I said, "God answers prayer!"  She said, "He always does."


:)


Ben

No comments: