Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy week ahead

I know you don't need a blow-by-blow account of my life, but there are some really interesting opportunities this week I want to let you know about:


Monday night--I'll be returning to Messiah College to speak to the Pre-Medical group. That's always a lot of fun!

Wednesday morning--I'm meeting with an eclectic group in Harrisburg to discuss how an engineering firm might become involved in helping Haiti in some fashion.  The group includes a lot of engineers as well as a local Haitian American lawyer, folks who are connected to the UN and USAID.   I'm looking forward to this!

Thursday morning--I've been invited to participate in a teleconference with a group of people in Iowa to discuss the possibilities of having some of the largest food producers involvement in helping Pestel develop an agriculture-to-nutrition initiative.   :)    
I'll let you know how things go after Thursday, but needless to say, I'm quite jazzed about this meeting.  The way out of the deep mire of malnutrition is, in my opinion, through building up the region's agriculture--so that they can produce their own food, feed their kids with locally grown food, and generate new income for their local economies.  This can then (hopefully) spill over to further health and education and infrastructure needs.

Sunday (next week)--we'll be participating in our church's Mission Sunday.  We'll be showcasing Johnny's CharRocket stove:   an innovation that is designed for Pestel.  The stove is very low-tech, VERY efficient (it can run on dried leaves and dried bamboo, for example), and produces charcoal which can be formed into charcoal briquettes. Each use of the stove produces enough briquettes to cook another meal.  I will try to send out a video soon (I worked on it yesterday but had trouble uploading it to Youtube).


I greatly value the "big" meetings and the "small" meetings.  My perspective is that both are opportunities to sow seed for God's kingdom.  Some plant, some water, but God causes the growth.  

AND the really exciting thing is that we may have no idea whatever of the harvest.  But investing in God's kingdom is going to yield returns far greater than anything we can generate on our own.  And this is pleasing to God.

THAT'S what gets me up in the morning

:)

Let our work do this:  reflect well on God.

"Let your light so shine before men that they will see your good works and praise your Father in heaven."

Happy Sunday morning!

No comments: