Friday, March 13, 2009

Office of Global Health

Hi All,
 
I just got out of my meeting with the Dean (and the Chair of the Department of Humanities). 
 
In short, despite the difficult economic times, the Dean asked me if I would be the Director for the Office of Global Health!!  Which, btw, is an entirely NEW office....didn't exist until just now!
 
The Department of Humanities is offering up an office and some administrative support to help develop an office of global health.  That's huge!  And my Department of Family & Community Medicine has been very supportive all along.  
 
This is really mind-blowing.  I spoke with my department chair who is very happy about it and supportive, but similarly shocked that a new position would be developed during these times. 
 
When God has a plan, Watch out!  Or rather, Hold on tight!!!    :) 
 
There's that verse that says that God's plans are better than our plans.   I would NEVER ever have dreamed this up.  This plan far surpasses any expectation or thought that I had.  

But this is not about me:   this is clearly about God's will becoming more evident and 'being done on earth'.  This is about how good and big God is, that He still moves in the hearts of Kings (and Deans) today to accomplish His purposes. 
By all accounts, this is not a time to expand and develop new official positions.  And yet that is exactly what is being done.
 
Thank you for praying!!
 
Ben

No comments: