Saturday, October 25, 2008

October note

Quick note here:

First, there were several generous donors who contributed to the school bench project for the town of Toma Elli (click on the name to go to the site). We have raised the entire amount ($800)!!! This will be a huge gift for this town. We're truly thrilled. I'm not sure if all the benches will be constructed by my next trip, but I'll try to take some photos of the village on my next trip.

Second, we've raised a fair amount of money to start installing the plastic cistern system that I featured in an earlier blog. The system is being used farther up in the mountains by Dr. John Leininger, and he has offered to assist us in installing some of these units.
(view of the harbor in Pestel...you can see boats!)
Third, I was honored to give the "Keynote Address" today for Primary Care Day at Hershey. What a kicker. I obviously spoke about Haiti, and afterward two of the faculty from York Hospital (my former teachers!) came up and asked me some questions. One of the questions is whether I would be willing to take residents down with me. I don't need to tell you my response
:)

No comments: